As most of my readers know, I’ve been in quite the depressing struggle of trying to find my career path. I’ve always been the ‘lost‘ kind of girl. Never really having a ‘place‘ or clear direction. As I plunged into my 20s with a baby on my hip and no idea as to how I’d be making a living, the pressure on my shoulders has been nothing short of the equivalent of a howler monkey swinging and jumping around on my back, alerting everyone (or so it seemed) of my failures and slow go at the adult life I’m suppose to have. Shame has been the ever looming dark cloud above my head. As a 22 (almost 23) year old mom with no job and no plans, life has been embarrassing and shameful. I know, I know….Being a mom is not an easy job. I love being a mom more than anything. But as a child I suppose certain members of our family ingrained in my brain the importance of a career and “making something of yourself”. When all I had to show for my 20-something years is a toddler and contributing to the household groceries, I felt like the family failure. Like it was in everyone’s mind when they looked at me. I’ve been constantly dreading any family interactions and/or parties/get-togethers purely because I feared someone would bring up the God awful question…”So what are you doing these days?“, followed by the crumbling of my spirit and the stuttering trying to find something interesting and socially acceptable to say. Needless to say, my confidence in my womanhood has been particularly low.
Over time I’ve had ideas of the direction I’d like to go in, but nothing seemed to be fitting. “How can I do this when I have to be a 24/7 mom?”, “How can I make this work with NO money?”. But after careful consideration, I’ve decided what I want to do. Now, this wont be easy, nor will it bring in a butt-load of cash, especially in the beginning. But, I’m going to go for it anyways. I’m going to be a professional blogger.
Here are my reasons for my choice:
- I’ve always wanted to be a writer, but could never picture myself writing books or working for some lame paper writing articles about things I don’t even like.
- As long as I own my blog, I can say whatever I want. I’m very opinionated and like to say what I think and why.
- I can stay at home with my girl. I plan on homeschooling, and I love being a stay at home mom. This allows that to happen.
- Once I’ve established a blog (I plan on starting with a mom blog) and have a reasonable amount of followers, I can create another blog that is on more of a political level, which I really look forward to doing. A soap box is important to me, and I’d love to have a few words to throw into the world and be caught by other people sharing my opinions, beliefs and ideas.
- I’m an introvert and socially awkward. I can’t work for other people and can’t (no matter how hard I try) force myself to work a dead-end job with people I don’t like for a crappy amount of money, all the while losing precious moments with my daughter.
So, there you have it. I now have a plan. I’m going to be a paid blogger.
Now…you’re probably wondering where your part comes in. Every blog, whether you’re being paid for it or do it as a hobby, needs followers. Especially if you want to be paid for it! So, all I ask is for readers! Hopefully I can create an awesome blog where people actually WANT to read it. But, I know the beginning will be slow as with most things. But, my goal is to have a great blog, that offers advice, a place for moms/women to come together and discuss our motherhood. I hope to provide you with it soon!
Wish me luck in my career endeavors. Hope to see you reading my future posts. 🙂